Sunday, August 17, 2008

First moment of peace.

The facility let my Dad call me yesterday. It was horrible. He cried the whole time and sounded awful. I tried to be calm and reasonable and calm him down, but I felt like I needed to calm myself as well. It was so sad. He was saying he was lost and needed someone to find him...there is no reasoning with that, especially when he was crying and sounding so pitiful. I ended up talking to a Nurse afterward to ask what they were giving him...they said he'd actually slept the whole night, but he was very emotional all day. They are giving him Risperdal (an anti-seizure drug that doctors found helps with bi-polar) and Restirol for sleep. I don't know a lot about the Restirol, but I don't like that they have given him Risperdal...that stuff is like a chemical lobotomy. I don't know, I hate this. My first instinct is to jump in again...but I know I can't do that.
After that phone call...I had some downtime for the first time in nearly forever. I ran a few non-rushed errands, and then just stayed home...sat around, and there were NO calls last night. I didn't even have the phone off the hook...I actually checked the phone this morning to make sure there was a dial tone...how pathetic is that?
Anyway, this small taste of sleep has me more tired than rested. After I go grocery shopping, I plan on doing a whole lot of nothing today...I have my weirdo whole-body, head-to-toe bone pain today from my so-called fibromyalgia or whatever it is. Must vegetate.

No comments: