Friday, January 30, 2009

Daddy said hello today!

So before I start, I'll just say this...I have had some encounters in my life that some would say were weird...there are far too many to list because these things sometimes happen daily and this type of thing has happened throughout my entire life so I'm used to it...but just as an example, if you're wondering, it would be something like when Papa passed away (they had just removed his body from the house that day) and I was at the sink doing dishes. Papa, clear as day, said, "Lainie", and I turned around to where the voice came from and there was no one there. I even searched the house and everyone was outside. Also regarding Papa...after he'd passed, I helped Nany go through his things and he'd had a little train set my sister had given him that Nany said I should bring home for my son, who was 3 at the time and loved trains. The first night we had it set up at home, it turned itself on 3 times. The second day it did it again. I took the batteries out. That second night it did it twice (with no batteries). The second time, which was at around 3 am, I came out to the living room where we had it set up, and said, "Papa, I know you are trying to say hello, and I hear you, but you can't keep waking me up like this", and it never happened again.
In general, there are just ALWAYS lots of "unexplainable" things that happen around me, and things that I "just know" with no proof, or weirdo dreams that show things that come true. I've even had random dreams about people I haven't seen since elementary school and when I google/try to find them, they've passed away, so it's just a lot of things that have become normal to me, but are not so funny to others.
I've also noticed that when I spend a lot of time with people, this "thing" seems to rub off on them a bit...like recently when everything was happening with Daddy and my brother and I were spending lots of time together, things happened when he was around, which I think is funny. One time we were all in my living room talking about family stuff, Nany in particular, and there was a vase of red roses near us...and ALL the petals fell off one of the roses...just flat fell off. Nany was a huge fan of these roses, so we laughed and assumed it was her...either saying hi or sending a message to STOP talking about her.
So anyway...today, hubby and I were at Hollywood Video getting some rentals for the weekend...yes, party animals, we are in indeed! We're paying at the counter and the girl ringing us up, who we see pretty much every time, asks us if it's under "our names", or Roy. We both looked at each other like we didn't hear her right. We have NEVER been asked this before. We've been going to the same Hollywood Video for nearly 4 years. When we first moved here, our phone number was under whomever's name had our number before us, but that stopped after we rented there a couple of times. And when my Dad lived here, I have NO knowledge of him getting ANY movies at Hollywood Video...I drove him everywhere, and he did not have a card there...he couldn't, because he not only didn't have a license or credit card to sign up for one, but he only drove for a short period of time during his residence in this city...not to mention that he didn't even know how to use his DVD player! AND he "suddenly" had an account under OUR phone number? I just smiled and laughed. Even hubby, who has seen more than his share of "creepy stuff" since he's been with me, said that it must've been my Dad saying hi.
It was nice. It's the first thing I've heard from my Dad...unlike many other relatives who are having a field day with TV's, radios, and lightbulbs. I hope to get more little hellos in the future from him...Hi Daddy!

3 comments:

no1daughteroflewydad said...

Hello Laine,

How wonderful. The train going on is such an amazing hello from your Papa. And your Father, now a customer of the DVD store, is so remarkable...I love it. What a wonderful gift you have. Made my day and made me smile.

Years ago (in the 1970's) when my Nana passed away (Mum's Mum) 3 weeks later my Grandad passed (Dad's Dad) well the night he passed we heard my Nana crying, it woke all of us up. It was like she was crying because we were all so sad. It wasn't frightening at all...it was just like my Nana to be upset for us.

Absolutely fantastic...cheers.

Anonymous said...

I, too, have experienced incidents like this with passed on loved ones.

My grandfather passed a way and before his death, he said he would show us a sign that he was okay. Shortly after his death, out of nowhere, a white dove appeared in our garage and stayed for a few days and then just magically disappeared- just as it had appeared. We're convinced it was Gramps saying hi and that he is okay.

Life With Lewy said...

Awwwwwww! I love it! I am so glad that the two of you have had these experiences too! I'm always a bit hesitant to mention things like this because some people don't believe it's possible, so I either end up looking like a freak to them or everything I say from there on out is discredited.
I hope to get more hello's from my Dad, but if I don't, I'm keeping this one near and dear...my sign that he is finally okay, that he understands everything now, and is happy. Makes me a little teary-eyed thinking about it, but it's a good thing, definitely.