Friday, November 7, 2008

Back from the Dead.

I didn't realize I hadn't posted since September 22! It's been THAT long? Wow. Anyway, I have basically been sick this whole time. My "vacation sickness" turned into a full-blown flu/cold, bone numbing pain and nausea. Not having insurance right now, I hoped that this was just one of my weirdo thyroid-related flare ups or something related, but I got increasingly more lethargic and then got some awful infection, which I tend to get from time to time with my horrible immune system. Anyhooo...broke down my fears of the cost of a non-insured Dr. visit and went in. Thank god my Dr. office knows and likes me, because I got a fat discount and free anti-biotics from them. I am feeling soooo much better. And I started this new vitamin regime too, so I have no doubt that's helping.
Okay, so onto the latest Lewy news...if I can even catch up to what's happened...?
There wasn't a "ton" to report in October...the harrassment from the VA subsided, and the calls I did get I screened with our re-instated Privacy Manager with AT&T. How did civilized people get on without Privacy Manager? WHAT a Godsend.
I only got about 2 dozen calls (quite a cut-back) from random people about placing my Dad, bank account information, the Conservatorship process, and also questions about whether what that nut/liar Social Worker Laurie Ackerman was saying about us was true...? Oh, and what was she saying, you ask? Only that me and brother want nothing to do with our Dad, how NO ONE has been able to reach me for 3 months.
!!!!
Yeah, all those harrassing phone calls were in my head. My husband and kids saw me crying and screaming on the phone to imaginary people. All the calls I placed to my brother about yet another person calling to "not pass judgement on why I won't take responsibility for my Dad"...yep, I made it ALLLL up. Uh-huh.
So, today...
I get a call from a very nice woman from this place called CEPS. ONE thing the VA did do was contact this place that will be taking care of my Dad's money now...CEPS will be handling the payee part of my Dad's care from now on. She tells me he's being placed on Thursday close-by and tells me the name of the place...Villa...it sounds familiar...oh yeah, that's because it was one of the almost 40 places I got denied from!!! I didn't say anything to her at that time because I wanted to make sure...a lot of places have the word "Villa" in them...maybe I was mistaken...?
Nope.
Called Villa up and the woman, Lourdie (sp?), knew my name when I said I was calling to find out admitting information about my Dad.
Yeeeeeeaaaah....so apparently the already known liar and hood-rat Laurie Ackerman has decided to spread yet more lies. She told Villa that my Dad does NOT have dementia, that he is quite pleasant, and needs little assistance.
?????
Lourdie said that she plainly told Ms. Ackerman that they can't care for someone with anything other than very mild dementia...and hello? My Dad is the Dementia poster boy.
There is NO way I am allowing that scumbag Laurie to lie just to rid of my Dad and place him somewhere who is outwardly admitting they CANNOT care for someone with dementia.
I then called the "head" Psychiatrist, Dr. Fenn, who is now caring for my Dad himself (no Resident Doctors doing it for him). I asked him if they had changed my dad's diagnosis...and of course he responded as anyone should...that I was off my rocker. We ALL know my Dad has dementia.
So Dr. Fenn says that he doesn't want to get "involved" (in whatever is brewing between us and Ms. Whackerman)...but that he JUST can't see how there could be any lying in this situation because when my dad's records are sent over it will state "DEMENTIA" all over it. I told him what Whackerman told Villa about my dad not having dementia and all he could say was "I really just don't know what Ms. Ackerman is saying".
Then I left a message for Whackerman. I told her about my conversation with the Lourdie at Villa, reminded her how she had told me how she can "talk anyone into anything" and that now I know she does it with LIES...that I know she did plenty of lying about me and my brother already...that I hoped she could act with a little more professionalism and try to place my dad somewhere equipped to care for him. I closed with the fact that I know she already has my number, that she can call me back but I won't answer...and that I have nothing to say to her because she's a disgusting, despicable person.
Oh...and as I was typing that last paragraph...Whackerman just called and left a message saying that OF COURSE she told Villa my Dad has Lewy Body dementia and that whomever I spoke to is misinformed. She said that he has NOT been wandering while there and that he had improved quite a bit while in their care. She also said that if for some reason Villa did not work out, that my Dad would be sent right back to the VA and be right back in her care.
LIES!!!
Once they get him out of the VA, they are done with him. I know this for a fact. Why do these people have to lie?
Uh...hmmm....but she is right about one thing: Of course my Dad can't wander at the moment...they have him so drugged that he apparently can't walk AT ALL anymore on his own. Everytime I call him, a Nurse asks me "if I'm someone important" because it takes them a solid 5 minutes to lift him and lead him to the phone. They literally told me that if I wasn't someone "important", they would say he was asleep. Nice, huh?
BUT anyway...the second he is placed in a new facility, he will inevitably be taken off the Haldol since no Nursing Homes I know of approve of that drug...and then he will be back to wandering again.
These people are sacks of spew.
So, Whackerman said that unless IIIIII do something to change things, that she is planning on admitting him to Villa...but that I am MORE than welcome to come pick him up anytime.
This is all just sickening. Every single day I am sick that my dad is at that VA facility. They are obviously heartless bastards over there and all they are doing is keeping him drugged beyond belief. What have I done? He was supposed to go there to get his meds straight, get the conservatorship process going and get placed in a suitable facility. THAT was the plan I made with his Doctor. I was supposed to be free from the "responsibility" of making decisions and onto being able to visit him, care for him...but not kill myself and neglect my own health, children and husband in the process. Instead I've just traded all that for even more assholes to deal with and my Dad STILL isn't getting adequate care. I can't give him adequate care, no facility seems to be able to that either, and the VA is run by monkeys.
Where do I go from here?

No comments: